Here's the gist...
The Customer Support Manager’s role is to keep the department running in an efficient and profitable manner while increasing customer satisfaction, loyalty and retention. This role will include creating customer support policies and procedures for staff to adhere to, training and observing employees and assisting unsatisfied customers.
Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the Customer Support Manager will oversee the customer support department’s day-to-day functions including Customer Support, Premium Support and Escalations.
- Develop service procedures, policies and standards; determine system improvements and implement change.
- Implement production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards.
- Maintain an orderly work-flow according to priorities.
- Recruit, mentor and develop customer service agents and nurture an environment where they can excel through encouragement and empowerment.
- Communicate job expectations to include planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions.
- Analyze statistics and compile accurate reports.
- Assess the skills of existing support staff, their performance and productivity through quantitative data and client evaluation feedback in order to identify areas of improvement and internal training requirements.
- Ensure that all support staff stay up-to-date with product knowledge by liaising with the Training Manager through internal training.
- Develop an outreach program that targets previously churned clients in an effort to regain their business.
- Keep ahead of industry’s developments and apply best practices to areas of improvement.
- Control resources and utilize assets to achieve qualitative and quantitative targets.
- Investigate and solve customer problems, which may be complex or long-standing problems that have been passed on by customer service representatives.
- Develop quantitative data that will be used to measure staff performance and productivity and customer satisfaction in order to identify areas of improvement.
- Improve customer service quality results by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes
- Learn and master the organization's products, services and software, keeping up to date with changes and new releases.
- Develop and manage all short, medium- and long-term plans and goals for the department.
A little more about you...
- Proven working experience as a Customer Service Manager in the same or similar industry.
- Excellent knowledge of management methods and techniques.
- Working knowledge of customer service software, databases and tools.
- Awareness of industry’s latest technology trends and applications.
- Ability to think strategically and to lead.
- Strong client-facing and communication skills.
- Advanced troubleshooting and multitasking skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Four year college degree.
- Minimum 5 years of management including experience creating key performance indicators within a customer success environment.
- Customer support at a property management software company.
How to apply
Email your resume to [email protected] and we'll be in touch!