Director of Operations - San Diego, CA
With more than 6,000 client properties and a global presence spanning 43 countries over 35 years, RMS is one of the fastest-growing hospitality software companies in the United States. RMS provides and supports fully integrated, cloud-based reservation and property management systems for the hospitality industry, including hotels, resorts, RV parks, campgrounds, marinas, corporate housing, and more.
Here's the gist...
Working out of our San Diego Office, the Director of Operations will be responsible for the direction, coordination, growth and profitability of the organization. Developing long-term operational strategies, the Director of Operations will work closely with senior management to meet company objectives.
The Director of Operations will also manage company resources, develop and implement an operational plan and ensure that these procedures are carried out properly. In addition, the Director of Operations will regularly evaluate the operational plan’s efficiency and make the necessary changes to maximize staff productivity and achieve the company’s goals.
- Planning and monitoring of all day-to-day operations of the business
- Develop and execute on new directives for business growth and prosperity
- Define, implement and revise operational policies and guidelines for the organization
- Direct oversight of high-level managers in the areas of Product, Customer Success, Marketing, Accounting and HR
- Liaise with departmental heads to develop financial plans and ensure company-wide operational compliance
- Review financial information and recommend operational budgets to promote profitability
- Evaluate overall company performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Analysis of customer churn and develop a plan for reduction and client retention
- Ensure that the business is well-coordinated and productive by managing its procedures and coaching its people
- Work with the human resources department to develop initiatives focused on employee retention, cultural improvements and staff development and training
- Oversee staff performance and training programs for growth and development
- Develop performance evaluation metrics
A little more about you...
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or related field
- 10+ years senior leadership role in the appropriate field
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven people management, leadership, coaching, and mentoring experience
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, product, and employee management
- Proven ability to plan and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Ability to streamline and implement new structures and roles that create speed, efficiency, and support rapidly shifting business demands
- Strong working knowledge of SaaS
- Experience with budget and business plan development
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity
- Superior negotiation skills in both internal and external settings
- Masterful organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success
- Ability to be hands-on and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills required