Technical Services Specialist
With more than 6,000 client properties and a global presence spanning 43 countries over 35 years, RMS is one of the fastest-growing hospitality software companies in the United States. RMS provides and supports fully integrated, cloud-based reservation and property management systems for the hospitality industry, including hotels, resorts, RV parks, campgrounds, marinas, corporate housing, and more.
Here's the gist...
The Technical Services Team plays a vital role within the global organization. We are looking for a dedicated and focused individual who will enjoy the challenge of learning new skills on the fly and applying their knowledge to innovate and enhance the customer’s experience.
As a Technical Services Specialist, you will be responsible for maintaining a high level of availability and service quality for the RMS SaaS offerings.
Reporting directly to the Technical Services Manager, this role will work closely with both internal and external stakeholders with a focus on the following key areas:
- Plan, implement and document the rollout of Azure infrastructure to support the RMS SaaS solution including, but not limited to, Microsoft SQL services and databases, Azure Kubernetes Services, Azure Storage and Azure Redis Cache.
- Monitor, manage and optimize Azure infrastructure including troubleshooting and right-sizing infrastructure based on resource utilization.
- Modernize SaaS DevOps pipelines with Containers and Cloud Native services.
- Level 3 Technical Support for clients with RMS software or connectivity issues.
- Monitor and manage backups of customer data and restore database backups where required.
- Technical Support for internal staff computers in several countries.
- Troubleshooting of server, laptop, VoIP handset and other hardware/software problems.
- Provide 24/7 after hours emergency support for critical infrastructure failure (1 week per month on a rotating weekly roster).
A little more about you...
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or relevant experience
- 3-5 years of system/network administrative experience
- 2-3 years of Azure Architecture experience
- 2-3 years of experience in managing SQL servers and databases
- Experience with DevOps systems such as Terraform highly preferred
- IT skills including familiarity with computer operating systems and database technology (design, software & structure)
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Highly developed problem-solving skills
- Strong skill in developing and maintaining relationships with staff and other key stakeholders in a variety of geographic regions.